Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Road Kill', the Slow Reveal








I tend to follow the same process with each painting. The drawing is done on tracing paper using a grid then transfered to canvas. Every step following that is detailed above.

Apologies for the really bad photos but our little digital camera is not kind to large flat surfaces (I still use film). Promise a good image of this and others when I find a way to do them justice.

The painting is called 'Road Kill', 46" X 30", acrylic on canvas, ca. 2010.

4 comments:

David Luhr said...

Thank you for posting your process, I love seeing the approach. Do you use brushes, an airbrush, or a combination with the acrylics?

Great work, I look forward to more to come.

-David

R.G. said...

Thanks David! It;s about 50/50 brush/airbrush if I have to guess but both are indispensable to the finished "look" of my work.

Antonio Castelló Avilleira said...

fantastic paintings!!!
Greetings from Spain.

R.G. said...

Thank you! And btw I greatly admire your beautiful work Antonio.